Autumn Payne Sydney Monstream-Quas Aimee Falso Valerie Remillard Jessica Pepitone, MD
Grants Manager & Communications Director
Jessica Pepitone, MD
AVAILABLE POSITION: Program Associate
RORRI is seeking a responsible and energized Program Associate to join our team. This is a part-time position that offers approximately 8 hours a week—sometimes more, sometimes less— depending on the time of year.
Start date: Immediately
RORRI offers: Flexible hours, a collaborative and respectful environment, and an opportunity to join an organization dedicated to helping Rhode Island families.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for supporting our programmatic partners: pediatric offices, health centers, and hospitals by making in-person “site visits” across Rhode Island, as well as assisting with an expansion initiative that includes supporting training activities across all of RORRI’s medical sites.
- Engage with the Reach Out & Read RI medical community in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner; promptly and politely responds to inquiries and requests for support.
- Coordinate logistics for “Lunch and Learn” activities; set up and load PowerPoint projector; prepare hand outs and other training materials.
- Complete a site quality classification report annually for each site.
- Help clinic staff maintain and stock new books in designated storage locations, when necessary.
- Provide support for ongoing programmatic initiatives and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as needed including assisting with community events, and other administrative tasks.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Must be a licensed driver with a car
- Must be physically able to deliver and stock multiple boxes of books
- Comfortable with a basic level of technology, including email, text messages, and setting up a basic projector
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Able to work during typical pediatric office hours (Mon-Fri, daytime)
- Excellent organizational habits, good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication and customer service skills
- Reliable; able to show up on time consistently and honor all scheduled appointments and commitments
- Requires maturity to act in a professional manner as a representative of the organization
- Some college preferable
8hrs/week, with a salary range of $14-$17/hour depending on experience
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org